1. Prime Minister Manmohon Singh met Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Home Minister P. Chidambaram to check the controversey created by the finance ministry’s 2G spectrum note. The UPA government is now at damage control mode to save Home Minister P. Chidambaram and the government’s image.
2. Bail plea of Rajya Sabha MP and Former Samajwadi party leader Amar Singh has been rejected by the Court. He will be arrested again and sent to jail in the cash-for-vote scam.
3. CBI has told the Supreme Court that it has enough evidence against former telecom minister Dayanidhi Maran and his brother Kalanidhi Maran in the controversial Aircel-Maxis deal. CBI has also told that it would soon file an FIR against both of them.
4. Visitors count of Global Search giant Google’s new social networking site Google+ has grown by 1,269% to touch a new high. Google have made Google+ accessible for all the users last week.
5. The German Parliament has approved crucial reforms plan to the European Financial Stability Facility (EFSF). The fund is expected to participate in the European primary market and to recapitalize EU banks. This will enable Germany to help Greece in this crisis situation.
6. Amazon has launced a new tablet computer named the “Kindle Fire” to directly compete with Apple’s ipad. It will use Google’s Android operating system and it is priced at USD 199.