1. More than 1000 people were killed when a severe earthquake with 7.2 magnitude struckTurkey. Rescue operation was started immediate after the natural disaster to rescue people trapped in the buildings.
2. The Delhi High Court has granted bail to Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh in the cash-for-votes scam because of his poor medical condition.
3. The special CBI court has reserved the bail order of DMK MP Kanimozhi and the other 2G scam accused today till November 3. Now they have to wait up to 3rd November for the next hearing of their bail plea. The bail plea was considered as the charges against them were framed.
4. India’s second largest public sector bank Punjab National Bank (PNB) has been awarded with the Best Bank award for 2011 by Business India.
5. Bank of Baroda has been awarded with the “Golden Peacock” award for Excellence in Corporate Governance for 2011.
6. Argentina’s current President Cristina Fernandez was re-elected as a President in a landslide victory. With this, she becomes the first woman re-elected President of Latin America.
7. Louisiana’s Indian-American Governor Bobby Jindal has been re-elected to a second four-year term after winning a landslide victory with securing 66% votes.