Current Affairs Global - 25 March 2015

1. Kraft Foods Group Inc will merge with ketchup maker H.J. Heinz Co, owned by 3G Capital and Berkshire Hathaway Inc, as per the latest announcement. This combined entity will be the world's fifth-largest food and Beverage Company with the combined revenue of around USD 28 billion.


Post the merger process, Kraft shareholders will own a 49% stake in the combined company and Heinz shareholders will own the rest 51% stake.


2. UK annual inflation rate dropped steeply to zero in February for the first time due to falling prices of of recreational goods, food, furniture and oil. UK inflation, measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) stood at 0% in February compared to 0.3% in January.