1. Gyan Correa, the debutant director of Gujarati movie ‘The Good Road’, has been selected for the Gollapudi Srinivas National Award 2013. The film was selected from 20 nominations across many languages including Hindi, Marathi, Malayalam, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada. ‘The Good Road’ is the first ever Gujarati film which was selected to represent […]
1. Crimea will formally apply to join Russia after its people vote to split from Ukraine. More than 97% of voters have supported leaving Ukraine to join Russia. At the same time, the referendum was widely condemned by Western leaders who were planning to discuss economic sanctions to punish Russia. The European Union also said […]
1. India’s largest bank State Bank of India has launched a payment intermediary christened as SBI ePay, which will facilitate e-commerce or m-commerce transactions among merchants, customers and various financial institutions. With this, SBI becomes the first lender in India to start its own online aggregator services. 2. Former Home Secretary G.K. Pillai resigned as […]
1. The US has lifted a ban on oil and gas giant British Petroleum which was prevented from bidding for US government contracts after the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill, the worst in US history. The ban was imposed post the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill, caused by an explosion on BP’s Deepwater […]
1. Nandan Nilekani resigned as chairman of the Unique Identification Authority of India today after formally joining Indian Congress Party to contest Lok Sabha Polls. This decision will leave a big question mark on the future of India’s government’s biggest exercise to issue a single identity card for each of its citizens for which it […]
1. Two Indian CEOs have been named among America’s most powerful CEOs under the age of 40, who head publicly-traded companies with highest market values, in the Forbes magazine list published today. Website hosting company Endurance International Group CEO and founder Hari K Ravichandran (38) has been ranked 19th and asset management firm Altisource Asset […]
1. Akhilesh Gupta, head of the Climate Change Programme at the Department of Science and Technology, has been elected as President of the Indian Meteorological Society for 2014-16. He succeeds Shailesh Nayak, Secretary, Ministry of Earth Sciences. His career includes a spell as Secretary to the University Grants Commission during 2012-13. He also served as […]
1. Bangladesh will host the ICC World Twenty20 championship which scheduled to be held from the 16th of March. The fifth ICC World Twenty20 championship will have 16 teams for the first time that all will compete for the title.
1. Former Infosys chief financial officer V Balakrishnan has been figured in AAP’s fourth list of candidates for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. He will fight for Bangalore Central seat. This news came one day after his former colleague in Infosys Nandan Nilekani formally joining Indian Congress Party to content Lok Sabha poll from Bangalore […]
1. William Clay Ford Sr., who led Ford Motor Co. for more than five decades and owned the National Football League’s Detroit Lions, has passed away. He was 88. He was the last surviving grandson of company founder Henry Ford.