1. India has been ranked at 143rd among 188 countries by a global study on a range of health indicators due to various challenges, including mortality rates, malaria hygiene and air pollution. Iceland leads the ranking followed by Singapore, and Sweden.
2. The Centre has appointed Madhusudan Sahoo as chairperson of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India. He is currently a member of the Competition Commission of India.
3. India’s High Commissioner to UK Navtej Sarna was appointed as Ambassador to the US.
4. Wipro Consumer Care & Lighting, acquired 100% shareholding in Zhongshan Ma Er Daily Products to boost its presence in the fast-growing toiletries and liquid detergent space in south China.
5. Two Indian forest officials, Sanjay Dutta and Ritesh Sarothiya, have been chosen for the 2016 Clark R. Bavin Wildlife Law Enforcement Awards.
6. India origin physician and author Abraham Varghes won National Humanities Medal, America’s highest humanities Award.
7. The Indian Army participated in a joint training operation in the Uttarakhand hills with US troops as a part of Youdh Abhyas 2016.
8. Technology giant Apple has partnered with e-commerce company Flipkart to sell its latest smartphones, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus in India from October this year.
9. Patanjali Ayurved Managing Director and primary stakeholder Acharya Balkrishna has been placed in the Forbes’ ‘India’s 100 Richest People’ list for the first time with a net worth of USD 2.5 billion.
10. Famous Hindi and Urdu writer Reoti Saaran Sharma passed away. He was 92. He was a Pioneer in radio plays in All India Radio and was awarded with Sangeet Natak Akademi Award for 2007 for his contribution to theatre.
What is the amount in percentage of total mass , which Sun comprises of the solar system?
What is the average density of earth in g/cm3?
“What does WEO stand for?
A) World Environment Outlook
B) Weighted Economic Outlook
C) World Economic Outlook
D) Weighted Environment Outlook ”
What does WIPO stand for?
A) World Internet Project Organisation
B) Warner Independent Pictures Organisation
C) Wireless Industry Partnership Organisation
D) World Intellectual Property Organisation
1. Delhi’s Race Course Road has now been renamed as Lok Kalyan Marg where PM’s residence is located.
2. Forbes India has ranked Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani at No 1 place in the Forbes’ ‘100 Richest Indians’ list followed by Sun Pharma head Dilip Shanghvi.
3. The Union Cabinet has cleared the long-pending deal with France to buy 36 Rafale fighter jets for 7.878 billion Euros.
4. The Centre has appointed 3 members to the Monetary Policy Committee who are Chetan Ghate, Professor, Indian Statistical Institute; Pami Dua, Director, Delhi, School of Economics; and Ravindra Dholakia, Professor, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
5. HDFC Bank has been ranked as India’s most valuable brand for the third consecutive years, as per the BrandZ Top 50 list released by WPP Group. HDFC Bank was followed by Airtel and SBI in first three positions.
6. Ritu Rani, former India Women’s Hocky team captain has announced her retirement from International Hockey.
7. Justice Mohan M shantanago Udar was sworn in as Chief Justice of Kerala high court.
8. Justice Girish Chandra Gupta was sworn in as Chief Justice of Calcutta high court.
9. M.S Dhoni has got the prestigious name as Captain of the Wisden’s all-time India test XI team.
10. The tenth Annual Clinton global citizen award has been won by Adi Godrej, the chairman based Godrej Group for leadership in business and philanthropy.
1. The US Federal Reserve has kept interest rate unchanged as expectd but gave hint of possible hike in December.on The US Federal Reserve has kept its target rate for overnight lending between banks in a range of 0.25 per cent to 0.50 per cent.
2. Oxford has been ranked at No 1 in the latest Times higher education world ranking index as the world’s best University.
What does NREGS stand for?
A) National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme
B) National Regional Employment Generation Scheme
C) National Rural Employment Generation Scheme
D) National Regional Employee Generation Scheme
What does the acronym cc in an email mean?
A) Character conversion
B) Column code
C) Carbon Copy
D) Computer control
1. The Cabinet has approved merger of Rail budget with Union Budget today. Also it has et 1st February as the date to present budget.
2. Indira Awas Yojona, the flagship rural housing scheme has been restructured with new name as Prodhan Mantri Awas yojona from next month.
3. Onno Ruhal, the World Bank’s India country director will be replaced by Junaid Ahmed.
4. The Lalitarpan Samman will be awarded to Hindustani classical singer Shubha Mudgal.
5. Ajay Shirke has been re-elected as secretary by BCCI and MSK Prasad has been elected as the Chief Selector.
6. The Indian Kabaddi team will be led by star raider Anup Kumar for the next month’s Kabaddi world cup to be held In Ahmadabad.
1. International Day of Peace was observed across the world on 21st September 2016. The 2016 theme was ‘The Sustainable Development Goals: Building Blocks for Peace’.
3. The prestigious ICC test championship mace has been received by Mishbah-ul-Haq for inspiring Pakistan to the top of the ICC test team ranking.
4. Curtis Hanson, Oscar wining writer and film director of Hollywood passed away. He was 71.
What does FIEO stand for
A) Forum of Indian Export Organization
B) Federation of Indian Export Organization
C) Foundation of Indian Export Organization
D) Foreign Indian Economic Organisation
What does GATT stand for?
A) General Agreement on Trading Technologies
B) General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade
C) General Agreement on Transportation Technologies
D) General Agreement on Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago
1. The long -range surface to air missile which is jointly developed with Israel has been successfully test-fired by India at Odisa coast by a mobile launcher.
2. Param Ishan, the super computer has been unveiled by HRD minister Prokash Javadkar at IIT Guwahati.
3. Naval forces of Chaina and Russia has jointly stared naval exercise in the south chaina sea.
4. SS Mallikarjun Rao, general manager and CEO of Oriental bank of commerce took charge as Executive Director of Syndicate bank.
5. India has been ranked at No 1 in the list of world’s top exporter of Information and communication technology as per a UN agency report. India has been ranked at 61st in the latest Global Innovation Index (GII) released in Geneva by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in partnership with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on Monday.
6. The prestigious N Monahan Suvarna Mudra Award 2016 has won by noted Malayam critic and academician Dr. M Leelavathi.