Pangong Lake is located in which in the below list of Indian states?
A) Himachal Pradesh
B) Arunanchal Pradesh
C) Jammu & Kashmir
Pankaj Advani is associated with which of the following sports
1. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has launched a record 20 satellites in a single mission from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh today. The launch has been made by using Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) C-34, carrying India’s latest earth observation satellite Cartosat-2 along with 19 co-passengers satellites from US, Canada, Germany, Indonesia and two Indian academic institutions.
2. An expert committee headed by Anand Desai which was set up to examine the Specific Relief Act, 1963 has submitted its report to Union Law and Justice minister Sadananda Gowda this week. The committee stressed on the need for change in the present scheme of act so that specific performance is granted as a general rule and grant of compensation or damages for non-performance remains as an exception.
3. India has been ranked at 10th position in FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) inflows, as per the 2016 World Investment Report released recently. As per the report, India’s FDI inflows have jumped to USD 44 billion in 2015 compared to USD 35 billion in 2014.
4. The Central government has announced fresh liberalisation of FDI rules throwing open food retail, airlines and private security firms for FDI. Other sectors in which FDI norms have been relaxed include e-commerce in food products, broadcasting carriage services, private security agencies and animal husbandry.
Key changes in FDI Policy:
5. SoftBank Group has named Ken Miyauchi as its new President and Chief Operating Officer after the resignation of Nikesh Arora. Nikesh Arora resigned a day after Softbank announced that an independent committee has found that the investors’ allegations against Nikesh Arora were without merit.
6. Former cricketer Chetan Chauhan has been appointed as the chairman of the prestigious National Institute of Fashion Technology. He is also the vice-president of Delhi and District Cricket Association and a senior BCCI official.
7. Kannada film Thithi won top awards at the ongoing 19th Shanghai International Film Festival. It has won the Best Film and Best Script Writers in the Asia New Talent Awards at the festival.
8. Famous educationist and founder of Jeppiaar Educational Trust Jesadimai Jeppiaar passed away in Chennai. He was 85. at the age of 85 in Chennai following a chest congestion. He had a major contribution in the setting up of private engineering institutions in Tamil Nadu and was the founder chancellor of Sathyabama University.
1. The International Yoga Day was observed across the world on 21st June after UN General Assembly adopted 21st June last year. To mark the occasion, Vice President Hamid Ansari has inaugurated a two- international conference on ‘Yoga for Body and Beyond’ in New Delhi and Union Ministry of AYUSH Ministry has also released a Yog Geet (Yoga song) for celebrating the second International Yoga Day.
2. United Nations World Refugee Day was observed on 20th June across the world to honor the courage, strength and determination of women, men and children who are forced to flee their homeland under threat of persecution, conflict and violence. The theme for 2016 was“We Stand Together With Refugee”.
3. First International day for Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict was observed on 19th June across the world to raise awareness for the need to put an end to conflict-related sexual violence.
4. Virginia Raggi, a leading member of the populist anti-corruption Five Star Movement (M5S) was elected as Rome’s first female mayor. She, aged 38, is also the youngest mayor in Rome’s history. She was elected after winning 67% of the vote in a runoff ballot against the Democratic Party’s (PD) Roberto Giachetti.
5. German Formula 1 driver Nico Rosberg won the European Grand Prix championship which was held in Baku, Azerbaijan on 19th June. Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel secured second place while Sergio Perez of Force India secured third place in the same race.
6. The International Cricket Council has banned Sri Lankan pace bowler Shaminda Eranga from international cricket after assessment of his bowling which revealed that all deliveries exceeded the 15 degrees level of tolerance permitted under regulations.
Operation ‘Desert Storm’ was the war between
A)Iraq and Iran
B)Iraq and the Kurds
C)America and its allies against Iraq
D)Shiite Iraqis and Northern Iraqis
Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OEC
D) was establised in?
On which date Aryabhatta was launched?
A) 19 Apr 1972
B) 19 Apr 1975
C) 19 Apr 1977
D) 19 Mar 1974
On which date Indian Independence Act 1947 came into effect ?
A) June 14, 1947
B) June 18, 1947
C) July 18, 1947
D) August 14, 1947
Of which Asian country is Phnom Penh the capital?
D) North Korea
Of which country are Pashto and Dari the official languages?
1. The first batch of three female pilots – Avani Chaturvedi, Bhawana Kanth and Mohana Singh were inducted in Indian Air Force fighter squadron for the first time in the history of IAF. On successful completion of their training, the trio were formally commissioned by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
2. Senior IAS officer Supriya Sahu has been appointed as the full-time director general of the state broadcaster Doordarshan.
3. Senior legal service officer Suresh Chandra has been appointed as Union Law Secretary. Before this, G Narayana Raju, Legislative Secretary, was holding additional charge of the post.
4. US President Barack Obama has nominated Indian origin Kamala Shirin as US Ambassador to Malaysia. She will replace Joseph Y Yun.
5. Founder chairman of Bharti Airtel Sunil Bharti Mittal has been elected as the head of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), based in Paris, France. He is the 3rd Indian Business leader to head ICC. He will replace Terry McGraw, Chairman Emeritus of S&P Global.
6. Kerala Tourism won four awards at ‘FilmAT’ which is one of the biggest international film festivals dedicated to tourism, art and ecology in Poland. Three of the honours were given to a single campaign.
7. Former Indian football team coach Syed Nayeemuddin will be honoured with Mohun Bagan Ratna for his overall contribution to the club and the country. He is the only sportsperson to win both the Arjuna and Dronacharya Awards for football.
8. Australia defeated India by 3-1 in the final of Champions Trophy Hockey tournament in London this week to Win Champions Trophy. India settled for silver.
1. The World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought was observed on 17th June across the world to highlight the urgent need to curb the desertification process. It also aims to strengthen the visibility of the dryland issue on the international environmental agenda.
2. Hollywood actress Anne Hathaway has been appointed as UN Women Goodwill Ambassador to promote gender equality and empowerment of women. With this, she will join Nicole Kidman, Emma Watson and Princess Bajrakitiyabha Mahidol of Thailand as fellow women’s goodwill ambassadors.
Nokia Special Economic Zone is located In _____________.
C) Tamil Nadu
Non Resident Indian Day (NRI Day) is celebrated on?
A) January 15
B) January 9
C) January 24
D) January 12
Neem is state tree of which Indian state?
A) West Bengal
C) Andhra Pradesh
Neutrino Observatory (INO) project is located near which of the following hills?
A) Anamalai Hills
B) Nilgiri Hills
C) Khasi Hills
D) Patkai Hills