1. The ‘Constitution Day’ of India was observed today (26th November) across the nation in order to spread awareness of Indian Constitution and its architecture Dr. B R Ambedkar. 2015 Constitution Day is the first edition of this day and it marks a year-long celebrations of 125th birth Anniversary of Dr. B R Ambedkar, Chairman of the Drafting Committee of Constituent Assembly.
2. The National Milk Day (NMD) was observed today (26th November) across India to mark 94th birth anniversary of the Father of the White Revolution Dr Verghese Kurien. The idea of observing National Milk Day was first announced by Indian Dairy Association (IDA) last year and the first National Milk Day was observed on 26th November 2014.
3. Chief Minister of Bihar Nitish Kumar announced ban on sale of liquor from 1st April next year across the year at a function in Patna today on the occasion of liquor prohibition day. He said that with this decision, he is fulfilling his pledge made during recently held assembly elections in the state.
4. Union Government has reduced the deadline for completion of PM Narendra Modi’s Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) for rural connectivity through all- weather roads from 2022 to 2019. The annual allocation of the Central release for PMGSY works for financial year 2015-16 has also been increased by 5,000 crore rupees.
|10091||The Reserve Bank of India has kept the SLR rate unchanged at ________ during its announcement of third bi-monthly monetary policy review in August 2015.|
|10092||Famous _______________ poet and freedom fighter Kayyara Kinhanna Rai passed away in Aug 2015. He was 101.|
|10093||Which Company has announced formation of a new holding or parent company called Alphabet Inc to encompass its search engine unit and all other subsidiaries in Aug 2015?|
|C) Google Inc|
|10094||“Quit India Day” is observed on __________________.|
|10095||Who has been appointed of as CEO of new Google in Aug 2015?|
|A) Larry Page|
|B) Sergey Brin|
|C) Sundar Pichai|
|D) Satya Nadella|
|10096||Indian city ______ becomes first Indian city to be a member of the World Tourism Cities Federation (WTCF) Council and join its league of leading tourism cities across the world in Aug 2015.|
|10097||President of India, Pranab Mukherjee presented the 24th Saraswati Sammaan for the year 2014 to __________ in Aug 2015.|
|A) Mallikarjun Kharge|
|B) S. M. Krishna|
|C) Dr. M Veerappa Moily|
|D) None of These|
|10098||Sania Mirza was the only the ________ tennis player to be recommended for the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in Aug 2015.|
|10099||Rohit Sharma was chosen among the 17 sportspersons picked for this year’s Arjuna awards in Aug 2015. He belongs to which sports?|
|10100||Who was ranked at number 1 position with net worth of USD 79.6 billion in the list of Forbes’ ‘Top 100 richest people in technology’ published in Aug 2015?|
|A) Larry Ellison|
|B) Jeff Bezos|
|C) Mark Zuckerberg|
|D) Bill Gates|
Answers will be published tomorrow…
Check all the Daily Practice Quiz at:
1. India and Singapore have signed 10 agreements on mutual co-operation in fields of Defence, Civil Aviation, National Planning and cyber Security in presence of Prime Minster of Narendra Modi and Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. Narendra Modi was on a two-day visit to Singapore this week, during which these agreements have been signed.
2. The nuclear-capable Dhanush missile was successfully test fired from warship Subhadra off the Puri coast of Odisha in the Bay of Bengal by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). Dhanush is one of the five missiles indigenously developed by the DRDO under its strategic Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP). The missile is single-stage, liquid propelled with a strike range of 350 kms.
3. Famous Marathi actor Prashant Damle was selected for the Master Dinanath Mangeshkar Award for his contribution in the field of theatre, film and music. He will be conferred with the award by Lata Mangeshkar in April 2016 on the occasion of the death anniversary of Master Dinanath Mangeshkar, father of Singer Lata Mangeshkar. Prashant Damle has been associated with Marathi theatre, television and Cinema for more than 3 decades.
4. Veteran Journalist and author Kuldip Nayar was awarded with Ramnath Goenka Lifetime Achievement Award this week for his contribution in journalism field. The award for the years 2013 and 2014 was handed over by Union Minister of I&B Arun Jaitley including several awards in different categories to over 56 journalists for their contribution in both print and broadcast media.
5. Rishi Gour has been appointed as President of Sodexo India On-site Services with effective from 1st September this year. In his new role, he will oversee Indian operation of the support services company. Before joining Sodexo in 2011, He was associated with WNS Global Services, Accenture and CITIL.
6. Former Indian long jump world champion Anju Bobby George has been appointed as the chairperson of the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) and she will take charge in the first week of December 2015. Her appointment was approved by the Union Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs. The post of the chairperson was lying vacant after the resignation of Anurag Thakur, who is now the Secretary of India’s cricketing body Board for Control of Cricket in India (BCCI).
1. The 10th East Asia Summit was held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia this week with the theme of “Our People, Our Community, Our Vision”. The summit was chaired by the Prime Minister of Malaysia Najib Razak and attended by the Heads of Government of ASEAN Member States, Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, Korea, Russia and the United States of America.
2. Mauricio Macri won the Presidential election of Argentina by defeating the ruling leftist party led by President Cristina Fernández which has been in power for more than 12 years. Macri won with 51.4% of the vote in and Daniel Scioli won the rest of the votes. He will succeed Christina Kirchnerwho was the President since 2007.
|10081||The Reserve Bank of India has kept the Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) unchanged at ________ during its announcement of third bi-monthly monetary policy review in August 2015.|
|10082||Global electronic manufacturing giant Foxconn has announced in Aug 2015 that it would invest USD 5 billion over the next five years in _________ to set up manufacturing plant within this country for the first time.|
|D) Tamil Nadu|
|10071||The Reserve Bank of India has kept Reverse Repo rate unchanged at ________ during its announcement of third bi-monthly monetary policy review in August 2015.|
|10072||Investor Prem Watsa-backed ___________– has acquired Kuoni Group’s travel businesses in India and Hong Kong for nearly Rs 535 crore in Aug 2015.|
|C) Thomas Cook (India)|
|D) None of These|
1. French President Francois Hollande will be the Chief Guest at the 67th Republic Day parade of January 26, 2016, as announced during the visit of French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius in Delhi. This is significant move after recent shooting in Paris which killed more than 140 people last week and send a strong message against terrorism of the ISIS.
With this, Francois Hollande would be the 5th highest dignitary from France to be Chief Guest of Indian Republic Day parade after Prime Minister Jacques Chirac in 1976, President Valéry Giscard d’Estaing in 1980, President Jacques Chirac in 1998 and President Nicolas Sarkozy in 2008.
2. Delhi Government launched a special cleanliness drive named as ‘Swachh Delhi Abhiyan’ to remove debris and garbage lying in various localities in New Delhi. The drive was launched by Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu and will continue till the end November month.
As a part of this drive, 3 municipal bodies in Delhi will clear the garbage and the concrete waste will be lifted by the Public Works Department (PWD) of Delhi government.
3. Indian junior men’s hockey team won the 8th Men’s Junior Asia hockey cup after defeating arch rival Pakistan by 6-2 in the final match played at the Wisma Belia Hockey Stadium in Kuantan, Malaysia. Korea defeated Japan to win the bronze medal.
4. India’s most successful cueist Pankaj Advani won the IBSF World Snooker Championship after defeating Chinese Zhua Xintong in the final match. With this win, his total number of world title reached to 15. He has also become the first person in history to take the short (6-Red) and the long snooker format in the same calendar year.
1. Indian-American politician Swati Dandekar has been nominated as executive director to the Asian Development Bank (ADB) with ambassadorial rank by US President Barack Obama this week. She will succeed Robert M Orr, who has been holding the position since 2010.
2. Global Pharma giant Pfizer Inc completed a deal to acquire Botox-maker Allergan Plc in a transaction valued at about USD 160 billion. This is one of the most complex deal in the healthcare sector which will make a giant in the same sector.
Post the deal, Pfizer Chief Executive Ian Read will be CEO of the combined company, while Allergan CEO Brent Saunders will be Chief Operating Officer.
3. World number one seeded Tennis player Novak Djokovic won the season-ending ATP World Tour finals on Sunday after defeating third seed Roger Federer by 6-3, 6-4 in the final match. With this win, he became the first player to win ATP world tour finals for the fourth consecutive time and surpassed Ivan Lendl’s 1987 record, when he had won his third straight Tour Finals title.
|10061||The Reserve Bank of India has kept repo rate unchanged at ________ during its announcement of third bi-monthly monetary policy review in August 2015.|
|10062||Union Rural Development Minister _____________ has launched ‘SAMANVAY’ web portal to monitor progress and implementation of the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) for development of Gram Panchayats in Aug 2015. The web portal will be managed by the Union Ministry of Rural Development.|
|A) Suresh Prabhu|
|B) Jagat Prakash Nadda|
|C) Jual Oram|
|D) Chaudhary Birender Singh|
|10051||India’s 14 year old ___________ won two gold medals in 300 metre and 500 metre Roller Skating events in the Special Olympics World Summer Games held at Los Angeles, USA in Aug 2015.|
|A) Jeevan Akoaskar|
|B) Prabhroop Sekhon|
|C) A Ahmad|
|D) Avinash Avi|
|10052||Sania Mirza has been recommended for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in Aug 2015. She belongs to which sports?|