General, Banking and Computer awareness questions asked in IBPS RRB 2014 Online Exam – 20th Sep Evening Exam
1. 44MW Hydro power project inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi in which state? Jammu & Kashmir
2. Buenos Aires is the Capital of? Argentina
3. Cristiano Ronaldo is related to which sport? Football player
4. Dalal Street related with?
5. Full form of CRR? Cash Reserve Ratio
6. Gagan Narang related to which sport?
7. Germany defeated Brazil in FIFA world cup by what score? 7-1
8. Govt want to revamp labour law, why?
9. How many countries are member of SAARC? 8
10. James Rodriguez belongs to which sports? Football
General, Banking and Computer awareness questions asked in IBPS RRB 2014 Online Exam – 20th Sep Morning Exam
1. Rory Mcllroy related to which game? Golf
2. PM Narendea Modi visited which country in August first Week? Japan
3. One Question on PSLV C 23?
4. S S Mundra is the Chairman of Which Bank? Bank of Baroda (BOB)
5. Om Prakash Kohli is the governor of which state? Gujarat
6. Yogeshwar Datta related to which Sport? wrestler
7. Bank of Rajasthan Merged with which bank? ICICI
8. Oslo is the capital of? Norway
9. Current Repo rate? 8%
10. QIP full form? Qualified Institutional Placements
GK Quiz – 21 September 2014
|7821||Justices Abhay Manohar Sapre, R Banumathi, Prafulla Chandra Pant and Uday Umesh Lalit have been appointed as the new Supreme Court judges in Aug 2014. With this appointment, total strength of Supreme Court judges touched ________ including Chief Justice R M Lodha.|
|7822||Prime Minister Narendra Modi has set up Expenditure Management Commission headed by former RBI Governor _____________ in Aug 2014. This committee will suggest ways to reduce food, fertiliser and oil subsidies and narrow the fiscal deficit.|
|A) Bimal Jalan|
|B) Duvvuri Subbarao|
|C) YV Reddy|
|D) C. Rangarajan|
1. Time Magazine has name Indian architect Alok Shetty as the “young leader of tomorrow” for his pioneering work in designing affordable flood-proof houses for slum dwellers. As per Time, he is among “leaders of tomorrow” who are “working hard to change their worlds today” as the magazine named six inspirational young persons in its first class of “next generation leaders“.
2. Pension regulator PFRDA has set up an expert committee which will be headed by former SEBI chief G N Bajpai to review the investment guidelines for national pension system (NPS) schemes in private sector. This committee will look at the investment guidelines in a “wholesale” manner so as to enable flow of pension monies in new instruments such as long term infrastructure bonds to be floated by banks, infrastructure debt funds and Basel 3 compliant bonds.
The committee has also been asked to recommend measures for bringing other pension/superannuation funds under the regulatory purview of PFRDA.
The central government had introduced the New Pension System (NPS) in January 2004 first for central government employees (excluding Armed Forces) and some state government services. Later the NPS Scheme was extended for all workers in India from 1st May 2009.
3. Pistol shooter Shweta Chaudhry won the first medal for India on the opening day of the 17th Asian Game today. She won a bronze medal in the women’s 10M Air Pistol event with a total tally of 176.4 at the Ongnyeon shooting range. China’s Zhang Mengyan won the gold with 202.2, while host country South Korea’s Jung Jee-Hae secured the silver with 201.3.
4. Famous Indian shooter Jitu Rai won the first Gold for India in the 50m Pistol event on the opening day of the 17th Asian Games at the Ongnyeon International Shooting Range today. She had also won a gold in the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow earlier this year.
5. Indian tennis star Sania Mirza and her partner Cara Black from Zimbabwe won the women’s doubles title at the WTA Toray Pacific Open tournament after defeating Spain’s Garbine Muguruza and Carla Suarez Navarro by 6-2 7-5 in the final match in Tokyo today. With the win, they have successfully defended their Tokyo Open title, which is a 1 million US dollar event.
GK Quiz – 20 September 2014
|7811||Which Indian businessperson has been conferred the 18th MMA Amalgamations Business Leadership Award at a function in Chennai in Aug 2014 in recognition of his ability to foresee economic trends, manage change, take bold initiatives, sustain values and for his contributions to business, industry and society?|
|A) Adi Godrej|
|B) Azim Premji|
|C) Ratan Tata|
|D) N R Narayana Murthy|
|7812||Which country secured No 1 position based on the Global Peace Index, 2014 published by the Institute for Economics and Peace in Aug 2014?|
1. Richard Rahul Verma has been appointed as the next US Ambassador to India by the President of USA. With this, he will become the first Indian-American to be appointed for the top diplomatic position in Delhi.
He succeeds former ambassador Nancy Powell who resigned from the post couple of months back. Since then the post has been vacant.
2. The Reserve Bank of India has proposed to segregate the post of Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) post of Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) banks. It has also proposed a separate committee for appointment of directors on the board of PSU banks.
RBI has made these proposals as a part of its initiatives to improve corporate governance in the PSU banks based on the recommendation of the PJ Nayak Committee recommendations. The proposal of RBI may delay the appointments of Chairman in at least ten PSU banks or may bring changes in the top management of the PSU banks.
3. Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company, a wholly owned subsidy of Kotak Mahindra Bank, has signed a definitive agreement to acquire 10 schemes of PineBridge Mutual Fund for an undisclosed amount. The deal value is around Rs 50 crore considering industry standards.
As of August 31, the assets under management of Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund were around Rs 37,000 crore and the AUM of PineBridge India was about Rs 660 crore. PineBridge has two equity-focused funds, six debt funds and two fund-of-funds.
4. Famous musician Mandolin U. Shrinivas (45) passed away today following a failed liver transplant. He showed an uncanny interest in his father Sathyanarayana’s mandolin at a very young age and made his first public performance in 1978 and since then there was no looking back.
He was awarded with the prestigious awards like the Padma Shri and the Sangeet Natak Akademi award.
1. Scotland has decisively rejected independence by winning more than half of the votes polled as its citizens have decided to stay with United Kingdom. A vote for the 307-year union is a relief for millions of Britons including UK government and worldwide financial markets.
With 31 out of the country’s 32 council areas having declared results, 55% people voted against independence while 45% people voted in favor of independence. Glasgow, Scotland’s largest council area voted in favour of independence, while capital Edinburgh, rejected it.
2. Larry Ellison, co-founder and CEO of Oracle Corp for last 37 years, has announced to step aside as chief executive officer of the tech giant yesterday. He will be replaced by co-CEOs Safra Catz and Mark Hurd.
Post this Ellison, also the fifth richest person in the world, will continue as executive chairman and chief technology officer of Oracle Corp. Mr Ellison co-founded Oracle Corp with Bob Miner and Ed Oates in 1977.
3. Chinese company Alibaba’s shares opened much higher than its initial price on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) today when its share price made debut at USD 92.7 compared to IPO price of USD 68 per share. Alibaba founder and Chairman Jack Ma rang the opening bell at the NYSE today.
With the price band, the company raised nearly USD 21.8bn in its share sale. The company is now valued at USD 227 billion at USD 92.7 price per share.
4. The 17th edition of the Asian Games kicked off at the Incheon Asiad Main Stadium in South Korea today through an opening ceremony. The four-hour long grand opening ceremony showcased the rich cultural heritage of the Korean peninsula. South Korean President Park Geun-hye declared open the Games.
Total 439 events in 36 disciplines will be conducted at 49 sports venues as a part of 17 Asiad Games. Around 13,000 athletes from 45 nations will be competing in the event. Sardar Singh, captain of the men’s hockey team is the Indian contingent’s flag bearer at 17th Asian Games.
5. The Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) executive board approved Indonesia as hosts for the 2018 Asian Games today. Indonesia replaced earlier venue of Vietnam which has declared that it could no longer afford to stage the next Asian Games in April this year.
GK Quiz – 19 September 2014
|7801||India’s Retail inflation, measured by Consumer Price Index, stood at ______ in July (announced in Aug 2014).|
|7802||India’s overall inflation, measured by the Wholesale price index, stood at _______ in June 2014 (published in Aug 2014).|
1. India and China exchanged 12 documents and signed 12 MoUs today including one on five years economic and trade development plan. An agreement on audio visual co-production, two documents on railways, another document on work plan for drug administration and a MoU on culture were exchanged between the two countries.
Another MoU on peaceful use of outer space and a twinning agreement between Shanghai and Mumbai were also signed. China has also committed to invest USD 20 billion in five years. China has expressed interest to invest in Indian railways as well.
Both the leaders, Prime Minister of India and President of China, have discussed border issues openly and said that the boundary issues will sorted out soon.
2. Chinese President Xi Jinping appointed Le Yucheng as China’s new Ambassador to India while on his 3-day visit to India. He Wei Wei who previously served as China’s envoy to India.
3. India’s largest bank State Bank of India and The Export Import Bank of China have signed a framework agreement for a Line of Credit (LOC) of USD 1.8 billion to be offered by the latter. The Line of Credit will be utilized for projects involving import of Chinese raw materials, energy equipment, mechanical, electronic and other high technology products etc.
This deal will help Chinese companies to invest in India’s infrastructure and industrial sectors easily. China has recently committed USD 20 billion investment in India during visit of its President.
4. The government has launched an electronic toll collection (ETC) programme in the country under the brand name “FASTag” which will help vehicles to pay highway tolls electronically without stopping at the toll plazas. This was launched by the Ministry of Road and Highways.
The unique number of the RFID (radio-frequency identification) tag affixed on the wind shield of the vehicle will be read by the readers fitted in the dedicated ‘ETC’ lanes of plazas and appropriate amount as per the class of vehicle will be automatically deducted from the account of the user. The ministry has also roped in ICICI bank and Axis bank for providing this service and distribute RFID based “FASTag”.
5. The International Economic Association (IEA) appointed Kaushik Basu, who is Senior Vice-President and Chief Economist of the World Bank, as president-elect of the association from September 2014. At the same time, he will continue to serve as Senior Vice President and Chief Economist of World Bank.
With this he will be the second Indian to head this association that produces a large number of research papers and books and organizes round tables on topics of contemporary interest. Amartya Sen was the first Indian to join the International Economic Association.
6. Prime Minister Narendra Modi appointed former McKinsey India Chairman Adil Zainulbhai as the Chairman of Quality Council of India (QCI) for a period of three years from the date of taking full responsibility.
He was the co-editor of Reimagining India that features 60 global businessmen, academicians, economists, authors and journalists. He serves on the boards of Reliance Industries, the American India Foundation, Saifee Hospital, Saifee Burhani Upliftment Trust, Network 18 and the advisory board of Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
7. India’s ranking dropped by eights places to 158th in the latest FIFA rankings published by FIFA today. India’s neighbors Pakistan and Bangladesh’s ranking stood at 175th and 181st respectively.
World Champions Germany leads the ranking list followed by Argentina, Columbia, the Netherlands, Belgium, Brazil, Uruguay, Spain, France and Switzerland respectively.
GK Quiz – 18 September 2014
|7791||Who joined infrastructure finance company IDFC as the head of Bharat Banking with effect from 8th August 2014. IDFC has recently won the commercial banking licence from the RBI recently and plans to start banking operations by end of next year.|
|A) S S Mundra|
|B) KC Chakrabarty|
|C) Ravi Shankar|
|D) Harun Rashid Khan|
|7792||Philips India has roped in which bollywood actress as its brand ambassador for its beauty business, which includes a range of hair and depilation devices, in Aug 2014?|
|A) Pareneeti Chopra|
|B) Deepika Padukone|
|C) Alia Bhatt|
|D) Priyanka Chopra|