1. Dr. Ajay M Gondane will be the next High commissioner of India to Australia.
2. Sunil Mittal, Chairman and former of bharati enterprises has been elected as GSMA (Global System Mobile Association) chairman for a two year period from January 2017 to December 2018.
3. Salim Gangadharan, former Reserve Bank of India Chief General Manager has appointed as the non-executive chairman of South Indian Bank.
4. Karnal Singh has become the new chief of Enforcement Directorate (ED).
5. Legendary Kashmiri singer Padmashri Raj Begum as passed away at the age of 89 in Shrinagar, Jammu & Kashmir.
6. The Union Cabinet has given in-principle approval to Niti Aayog’s proposal for strategic sale of more than 10 public sector undertakings (PSUs).The strategic sale will involve a management control transfer as the shareholding of the government would come down to below 50 per cent.
7. IBM has acquired Sanovi Technologies, a bangalore-based privately held company that provides cloud computing services.
8. The ‘Little Master’, Sunil Gavaskar has been named the “Stroke Ambassador for the country”, as announced at the inagural of the “10th World Stroke Congress (WSC)” being held at Hyderabad.
1. President Xi Jinping was anointed as the “core” leader of China’s ruling Communist Party, conferring on him a status similar to that of party founder ‘Chairman’ Mao Zedong.
2. Borje Ekholm has been appointed as the president and CEO of Swedish telecom Gear maker Ericsson.
We have uploaded ALL Current Affairs Quiz for September 2016 (Total 220 quiz)…
Use the below link to access first 22 quiz..
We will send the PDF file for all the quiz to all the E-mail subscribers of our site this week !!
|211||_______________ and Birla Sun Life Asset Management company has signed an agreement for distribution of mutual fund products.|
|A) Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|B) Yes Bank|
|C) Karnataka Bank Ltd|
|D) IndusInd Bank|
|212||________________, director of Malayala Manoroma, Chairman and Managing Director of Indian Express has been elected as Chairman of PTI (Press Trust of India).|
|A) Hormusji N Cama|
|B) Riyadh Mathew|
|C) Mihir Shah|
|D) Mahendra Mohan Gupta|
|201||Government has approved the ratification of ___________ on Climate Change, paving the way for bringing it into force.|
|A) Argntina Agreement|
|B) Brazil Agreement|
|C) Paris Agreement|
|D) London Agreement|
|202||The new Director General of CISF is__________.|
|A) Prakash Singh|
|B) Ajit Doval|
|C) R. K. Raghavan|
|D) O P Singh|
|191||Former petroleum secretary ______________ has been elected as a president of the prestigious Indian Statistical Institute (ISI).|
|A) M. G. K. Menon|
|B) Subimal Dutt|
|C) Vijay Kelkar|
|D) Bimal Kumar Roy|
|192||For the Swatch Bharat Mission the Ministry of drinking water and sanitation has launched an ad campaign featuring ______________ and Sachin Tendulkar.|
|A) Amitabh Bachhan|
|B) Amir Khan|
|C) Anil Kapoor|
|D) Nana Patekar|
|181||Who is the new the president of the Boxing federation India.|
|A) Rajesh Bhandari|
|B) Ajay Singh|
|C) C.K. Jerath|
|D) Ashutosh Sharma|
|182||The Asian Games 2026 will be hosted by _________________ City of Japan.|
|A) Okazaki and Nagoya|
|B) Kasugai and Okazaki|
|C) Aichi Prefecture and Nagoya|
|D) Aichi Prefecture and Kasugai|
|171||Technology giant Apple has partnered with e-commerce company ____________ to sell its latest smartphones, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus in India from October this year.|
|172||Patanjali Ayurved Managing Director and primary stakeholder Acharya Balkrishna has been placed in the Forbes’ ‘India’s 100 Richest People’ list for the first time with a net worth of USD __________ billion.|
|161||Who is the new Chief Justice of Calcutta high court?.|
|A) Girish Chandra Gupta|
|B) Manjula Chellur|
|C) Jainarayan Patel|
|D) Arun Kumar Mishra|
|162||_____________ has got the prestigious name as Captain of the Wisden’s all-time India test XI team.|
|A) M.S Dhoni|
|B) Virat Koholi|
|C) Sourav Ganguly|
|D) Rauhul Dravid|
|151||The Indian Kabaddi team will be led by star raider _____________ for the next month’s Kabaddi world cup to be held In Ahmadabad.|
|A) Anurag Kumar|
|B) Anup Kumar|
|C) Dilip Kumar|
|D) Amit Kumar|
|152||Which country has been ranked at No 1 among 188 countries by a global study on a range of health indicators due to various challenges, including mortality rates, malaria hygiene and air pollution?|