General, Banking, Marketing and Computer awareness questions asked in SBI Clerk 2014 Online Exam – 27th July Evening Exam
General, Banking, Marketing and Computer awareness questions asked in SBI Clerk 2014 Online Exam – 27th July Morning Exam
1. Anil Ambani group firm Reliance Power acquired the the entire hydro power portfolio of Jaiprakash Power for an estimated Rs 12,000 crore after Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (Taqa) pulled out from the company. Reliance Power pipped Adani Power’s Rs 11,700 crore offer to complete the acquisition to build a hydroelectric power house of the country.
Jaiprakash Power Ventures’ hydroelectric power portfolio comprises two plants at Kinnaur, Himachal Pradesh, and a third Vishnu-one in Uttarakhand. These three plants have an aggregate capacity of around 1,800 megawatt with an asset life of 50 years. With this, Reliance Power’s total capacity will be 5000 MW under development and this makes the deal as the largest M&A deal in India’s infrastructure and power sector.
2. The Reserve Bank has cancelled the licenses of six Delhi-based non-banking financial companies after which they will not be able to conduct business. These NDFCs are GE Strategic Investments India, Profound Exports, Two Brothers Holding, Swank Services Private Ltd, Praxis Consulting and Information Services and Credible Microfinance Ltd.
The licenses of these companies were cancelled on various dates in April, May and June 2014. Post license cancellation, these companies will not be able to transact the business as NBFC.
3. India’s mid-tier IT services Company Hexaware Technologies has appointed R Srikrishna as Chief Executive officer, effective today. Prior to joining Hexaware, Srikrishna was President of Infrastructure and Life Sciences Businesses at HCL Technologies, India’s fourth largest IT services company.
4. Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan has been appointed as the horticulture ambassador of Maharashtra. He will promote the horticulture sector in Maharashtra which is India’s largest fruit producing state with around two million hectares area covered in fruit orchards. The 71-year-old megastar is also the face of Gujarat tourism as well as the polio eradication campaign.
5. Indian shooter Jitu rai wo Gold Medal in the 50m pistol event today at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games while his countryman Gurpal Singh won the silver medal. Jitu Rai had entered the finals by creating Games Record and he also created the game’s final record. In the finals he shot 194.1 points for the medal.
In Latest medal tally India has jumped to fourth position overtaking Canada. India now has 7 Gold, 10 Silver and 7 Bronze medals.
1. World Hepatitis Day is being observed today (28th July) across the world to generate mass awareness about the deadly disease. The theme of 2014 Hepatitis day is ‘It’s closer than you think.’ With about one million people worldwide dying due to hepatitis – and millions suffering immediate sickness or developing chronic illness – the theme reflects the lurking dangers of the disease.
Established by the World Health Assembly in 2010, this is the fourth celebration of the annual day.
2. Italian Vincenzo Nibali won the 101st edition of the Tour de France in cycling as he finished the final stage on the Champs Elysees in Paris. With this win, he has become the sixth man to win all three Grand Tours, the Tour de France, Giro d’Italia and Vuelta a Espana. Nibali is the first Italian winner of the race since Marco Pantani in 1998.
GK Quiz – 28 July 2014
|7331||Delhi University Vice-Chancellor ________ resigned in June 2014 following issues with Central Government and the University Grants Commission (UGC) regarding DU’s four-year undergraduate programme (FYUP).|
|A) Sudhir Kumar Sopory|
|B) Prof. Talat Ahmad|
|C) Dinesh Singh|
|D) Lalji Singh|
|7332||Who was awarded with an honorary doctor of laws degree from York University in Toronto, Canada in June 2014 for his achievements in promoting innovations, exemplary leadership and corporate social responsibility?|
|A) Adi Godrej|
|B) N R Narayana Murthy|
|C) Ratan Tata|
|D) Anand Mahindra|
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched an interactive website MyGov that aims to engage all the youth of the country in the nation’s development and ideas from all the volunteers. Various people as well as experts can now discuss and share thoughts about different topics related India’s development. This will also empower the people to contribute towards good governance through various tasks and discussions.
The platform is not intended to be a grievance redressal mechanism, but an initiative that will help government to engage all the people and get their ideas.
2. The 15th anniversary of Kargil Vijay Diwas was celebrated yesterday (26th July) across the nation. The day is celebrated every year to remember the Kargil war heroes and to honour them. Defence Minister Arun Jaitley, Army chief Bikram Singh,Navy chief Robin Dhowan and Air Force chief Arup Raha paid tribute to martyrs at Amar Jawan Jyoti, India Gate in New Delhi.
3. The Comptroller & Auditor General of India, Shashi Kant Sharma took chanrge as Member of the United Nations Board of Auditors for a term of six year. This will make the CAG responsible for auditing UN organizations, including the UN headquarters. Shashi Kant Sharma took over the charge from Liu Jiayi, the Auditor General of the People’s Republic of China at the United Nations Headquarters at New York.
With his appointment, India replaces China in the United Nations Board of Auditors which has three auditors from member countries. The other two members of the board are Amyas Morse, CAG of UK, and Ludovick Utouh, CAG of Tanzania.
4. Veteran BJP leader Kaptan Singh Solanki has been appointed as the new Governor of Haryana by President Pranab Mukhejee this week. He will succeed Jagannath Pahadia who completed his tenure on 26th July 2014.
5. Famous Journalist and former World Bank official, Sundaram Sankaran passed away at his residence in Kensington, Maryland in the United States. He was 87.He served the World Bank for more than 25 years in Washington D.C, during which he played an important role in finalizing the Bank’s policy and in developing countries.
He began his journalistic career with the Press Trust of India (PTI) in 1950 and then worked forThe Statesman in Mumbai. He was also presented the ‘Indira Gandhi Media Award’ by the Indian community in the USA.
6. India’s Forex reserves were increased by USD 813.2 million to 317.849 billion for the week ended 18th July as per the recent weekly data released by RBI. This increase was mainly due to increase in the reserve portion in the Foreign Currency Assets.
The Foreign Currency Assets (FCA) was increased by USD 829.1 million to 291.051 billion for the same week. However, the SDRs (Special Drawing Rights) and Reserve portion with IMF were decreased by USD 11.5 million and USD 4.4 million respectively for the same week. Gold value remained unchanged at USD 20.634 billion for the same reporting week.
7. Indian shooter Abhinav Bindra won Gold medal the 10m Air Rifle category in his last Commonwealth Games while other Indian teen Malaika Goel won Silver in 10m air pistol event.
India continued its good show at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014, winning 17 medals in first three days including 5 Gold.
GK Quiz – 27 July 2014
|7321||Mayaram panel, which was formed to remove ambiguity between FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) and FII (Foreign Institutional Investment) and simplify norms and headed by Finance Secretary Arvind Mayaram, has submitted its report in June 2014. It has suggested that foreign investment of ____________ in a listed company should be treated as FDI and investment from NRIs on a non-repatriable basis should be considered as domestic investment.|
|A) Over 10%|
|B) Over 15%|
|C) Over 20%|
|D) Over 5%|
|7322||Famous Hindi poet ______________ has been chosen for the prestigious Jnanpith award for 2013 (announced in June 2014). He will be the recipient of 49th Jnanpith award.|
|A) Pratibha Ray|
|B) Kedarnath Singh|
|C) Ravuri Bharadhwaja|
|D) Sri Lal Sukla|
General, Banking, Marketing and Computer awareness questions asked in SBI Clerk 2014 Online Exam – 26th July Afternoon Exam
General, Banking, Marketing and Computer awareness questions asked in SBI Clerk 2014 Online Exam – 26th July Morning Exam
|1||New Chairman and Managing Director of Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB)||Jatinder Bir Singh||Feb-14|
|2||The new Country Director for India of the Asian Development Bank||Teresa Kho||Feb-14|
|3||Chairman and Managing Director of Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) on deputation for three years||Yaduvendra Mathur||Feb-14|
|4||New Chairman and Managing Director of Allahabad Bank||Rakesh Sethi||Mar-14|
|5||New Chairman and Managing Director of PSU Company Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd (RINL)||P. Madhusudan||Jan-14|
|6||Chairman and Managing Director of defence public sector Bharat Electronics Ltd||S.K. Sharma||Jan-14|