1. Union Government has cancelled licence of NGO, Greenpeace India to receive foreign donations amid recent claims of not disclosing movement of its funds. The license was cancelled under Section 13 of Foreign Contribution Regulations Act (FCRA), 2011. Post this, Greenpeace India will be not able to receive any kind of foreign donations from its international network.
Greenpeace India is the subsidiary of the global environmental group Greenpeace, a non-profit NGO, which has its presence in 40 countries across the world.
2. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced to issue coins of 5 rupees denomination to commemorate golden jubilee year of Indo-Pak War 1965. These coins will be issued under in The Coinage Act, 2011. It will bear Lion Capital of Ashoka Pillar in the centre and Satyamev Jayate will be inscribed below it.
3. PSU firm Oil and Natural Gas Corp. (ONGC) acquired 15% stake in Russia’s second-largest oil field from Rosneft for about USD 1.35 billion. ONGC Videsh Ltd, the overseas investment arm of the state explorer, signed agreements in Moscow to buy 15% stake in the Vankor oil field in East Siberia. The 15% stake will give OVL about 3.5 million metric tonnes of oil a year.
4. Edelweiss Financial Services has roped in World No. 1 women’s badminton player Saina Nehwal as its brand ambassador for 3 years. Nehwal will be part of a national multimedia campaign and she will wear Edelweiss brand logo in her jersey while playing for domestic and international tournaments.
1. The Indian football team’s ranking improved by one place to occupy 155th place in the latest FIFA rankings released yesterday. Earlier in July, India had dropped 15 positions to 156th place after two successive defeats in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers. Argentina is ranked at No. 1 position followed by Belgium, Germany, Colombia and Brazil in the top positions.
2. US payrolls rose less than expected in August and unemployment rate dropped to 7 and half year low of 5.1% in the same month. With this improved job and payroll data, Fed may increase rates later this month.
|9571||China’s economic growth stood at __________ in the first quarter of 2015 compared to same quarter last year (announced in Apr 2015).|
|9572||Which Indian company has become the most profitable Indian company after posting net profit Rs 6,381 crore in the fourth quarter ending March this year in Apr 2015?|
|A) Indian Oil Corp|
|D) Reliance Industries|
We have uploaded ALL Current Affairs Quiz for June 2015 (Total 153 quiz)…
Use the below link to access first 15 quiz..
Sorry for late update due to some unavoidable reasons. We will send the PDF file for all the quiz to all the E-mail subscribers of our site along with July and August Quiz PDF file soon!!!
1. The West-Central Railway (WCR) zone has become the first Railway Zone in Indian Railways to eliminate all unmanned level crossings when the target was achieved after all 118 unmanned level crossings of WCR zone were eliminated in phase manner by 31st August, 2015. This target was achieved by constructing 33 Limited Height Sub Ways (LHs) and manning of 30 level crossings.
2. India’s largest stock exchange National Stock Exchange (NSE) has formalized a memorandum of understanding with the Stock Exchange of Mauritius (SEM) to facilitate co-operation between these two exchanges.
The MOU will encompass education, training and knowledge transfer in securities markets, product development and indice creation as well as capacity development in surveillance and investigation.
3. Swiss power and Tech giant ABB has appointed Bazmi Husain, managing director of ABB India, as the global chief technology officer, first time for an Indian. He has been with ABB for 30 years and will take over the new position in the beginning of 2016. Husain will now report to Group CEO Ulrich Spiesshofer.
4. Vinod Dasari, Managing Director, Ashok Leyland has been elected President of Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), the apex Industry body representing leading vehicle and vehicular engine manufacturers in India. Also Arvind Saxena, President and Managing Director, General Motors India has been elected as the new Vice – President while Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki India is appointed the new Treasurer.
|9561||Union Government has constituted a task force on interlinking of rivers in the country in Apr 2015 which will be headed by former Secretary of Ministry of Water Resources ______________.|
|A) KM Mani|
|B) Abdul Rahi|
|C) B N Navalawala|
|D) P. C. George|
|9562||Six Janata Parivar parties have been merged into a single party under the leadership of ___________ in Apr 2015. The new party will have a strength of 15 members in the Lok Sabha and 30 in the Rajya Sabha.|
|A) Sharad Yadav|
|B) Lalu Prasad Yadav|
|C) Mulayam Singh|
|D) Nitish Kumar|
1. India was awarded with the UNESCO prize ‘Award of Excellence’ 2015 for the conservation efforts of the Sree Vadakkunnathan Temple in Kerala. The award was given in the Asia Pacific Heritage Award for Cultural Heritage Conservation which recognizes the conservation effort of sacred sites and its tangible attributes with conservation techniques emphasizing on architecture and construction. Sree Vadakkunnathan Temple is an ancient Hindu temple dedicated to Shiva located in Thrissur district of Kerala.
2. Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has recognized ‘Yoga’ as a sports discipline and placed it in the Priority category while reviewing and revising the categorization of various Sports disciplines across the country.
3. India’s leading e-commerce company Snapdeal has acquired Silicon Valley-based startup Reduce Data, a programmatic display advertising platform for an undisclosed sum. This is the twelfth acquisition done by Snapdeal since 2010. Founded in 2012, Reduce Data’s platform uses artificial intelligence, real-time data and other tools, to help brands deliver advertising strategies for consumers across platforms and devices.
1. USA President Barack Obama approved the proposal to rename Mount McKinley, the highest mountain peak in North America, as Denali. As per the White House statement “This designation recognises the sacred status of Denali to generations of Alaska’s natives.” The mountain, which sits in the 6 million-acre Denali national park, has been known as Denali in Alaska since 1975.
2. Durban city in South Africa has been selected as the host for the 2022 Commonwealth Games at the Federation’s general assembly in New Zealand today. The 2022 Commonwealth Games will be held from 18th to 30th July. The Commonwealth Games are held every four years and feature athletes from over 50 countries, mostly former British colonies.
|9551||Who has been ranked at No1 in the list of this years’ Time 100 readers’ list of most influential people in the world (published in Apr 2015)?|
|A) Lady Gaga|
|B) Vladimir Putin|
|D) Taylor Swift|
|9552||CRISIL has forecasted India’s GDP growth rate at _________ cent in current fiscal year FY 2015-16 (announced in Apr 2015).|
1. The Central Government accepted the Justice AP Shah Committee report on the Minimum Alternative Tax, MAT on foreign institutional investors (FIIs), as announced by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley today. With this, government will not impose levy on FIIs prior to 1st April 2015.
2. Anjuly Chib Duggal has taken over charge as Secretary in the Department of Financial Services in the Finance Ministry. She replaced Hasmukh Adhia, who has taken over as Revenue Secretary in the same Ministry. Before this appointment, She was holding the charge of Corporate Affairs Secretary.
3. NTPC’s Director (Technical) A K Jha today took additional charge of Chairman & Managing Director of the company till a permanent Chairman and MD is chosen for the PSU company. Earlier the Central Government has refused to give extension to Arup Roy Choudhury as CMD of NTPC. A search committee headed by Power Secretary P K Pujari is currently looking for a full-time CMD for NTPC.
4. L C Goyal has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of the Indian Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO) by the Central Government. Before this appointment, he was the secretary with Home Ministry.
5. Indian Mountaineer Jot Singh of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has been honoured with the Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award 2014-15 by President Pranab Mukherjee during the national sports awards presentation ceremony held at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on the National Sports Day – 29th August. He has become the 11th ITBP official to receive this honour.
6. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has declared State Bank of India (SBI) and ICICI Bank as Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs) in line with the D-SIB Framework released by the RBI in July last year. These two banks have been identified as D-SIBs based on the methodology provided in the D-SIB Framework and data collected from banks as on 31st March 2015.
As a result, SBI has been put under Bucket 3 with additional Common Equity Tier 1 (CET1) requirements as a percentage of Risk Weighted Assets (RWAs) placed at 0.6% while ICICI Bank has been put under Bucket 1 with additional CET1 requirements as a percentage of RWAs placed at 0.2%.
7. India ended a 22 year long wait of winning test series over Sri Lanka on Sri Lankan soil after completing a 117-run victory in the third and final test against Sri Lanka today. After setting a big target of 386 to win, Sri Lankan batsmen were all out at 268 only.