1. Election Commission has launched National Electoral Roll Purification and Authentication Programme, NERPAP across the country today. Its main aim is to bring out a totally error-free and authenticated electoral roll within the country. As a part of this programme, Electoral Photo Identity Card, EPIC data of electors will be linked with Aadhar data for authentication and image quality of electors will also be improved.
2. The Government of Maharashtra has banned the beef in the state. As per the new rule, if a person is found to be selling beef or in possession of it, he can be jailed for five years and fined up to Rs 10,000.
3. The government has appointed former Panchajanya editor Baldev Sharma as the new chairman of the National Book Trust on 2nd March. He succeeds incumbent A. Sethumadhavan. Panchajanya is an Indian weekly newspaper published by Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) in Hindi. It was launched by RSS pracharak Deendayal Upadhyaya in 1948 in Lucknow.
4. The Central government and the Reserve Bank of India have signed an agreement on Monetary Policy Framework in which the government has set a target for RBI to bring down inflation below 6% level by January 2016. If the RBI fails to meet the target, it will have to report to the government the reasons for the failure to achieve the target, what remedial action it proposes to take and estimate of the time period within which the target would be achieved.
The agreement was recommended by the RBI’s Urjit Patel committee with the aim to smoothen the monetary policy scene. This framework will be monitored by the RBI which will help to come up with a modern monetary policy to meet the challenges of an increasingly complex economy.
Daily Practice Quiz – 3 March 2015
|8766||Malegam Committee was set up by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), and this committee gave its recommendations in 1995. This committee was constituted to recommend reforms in __________?|
|A) Primary Market|
|B) Secondary Market|
|C) Commodity Market|
|D) None of These|
|8767||Which among the following committees is related to insurance reforms in India?|
|A) Marathe Committee|
|B) Malhotra Committee|
|C) Kelker Committee|
|D) None of These|
We have uploaded ALL Current Affairs Quiz for January 2015 (Total 180 quiz)…
Use the below link to access first 18 quiz (or access the quiz from the homepage itself)..
Sorry for late update due to some unavoidable reasons. We will send the PDF file for all the quiz to all the E-mail subscribers of our site along with Feb 2015 Quiz soon!!!
|171||Who won the Best Director award at the 72nd Golden Globe Award held in Jan 2015?|
|A) Ava DuVernay|
|B) Richard Linklater|
|C) David Fincher|
|D) Alejandro González Iñárritu|
|172||RBI Governor __________ has been named as the “governor of the year” in the Central Banking Awards for 2015 by a British magazine in Jan 2015 for “his deep understanding of the root causes of economic problems of the country combined with an impressive leadership style.”|
|A) Duvvuri Subbarao|
|B) Arvind Subramanian|
|C) Raghuram Rajan|
|D) Arvind Panagariya|
|161||Which Indian private bank launched the country’s first contactless debit and credit cards that use the near-field communication technology in Jan 2015?|
|A) Yes Bank|
|B) HDFC Bank|
|C) ICICI Bank|
|D) Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|162||Central Government has formed a committee headed by _________ to interact with trade and industry on tax – related issues on a regular basis in Jan 2015.|
|A) Hari Gautam|
|B) Ashok Lahiri|
|C) Shanta Kumar|
|151||Who developed developed Braille printer at the age of only 13 to become the Silicon Valley’s youngest entrepreneur? Tech giant Intel Corp. recently invested in his start-up, Braigo Labs.|
|A) Shubham Banerjee|
|B) Shamik Banerjee|
|C) Sudip Mukherjee|
|D) None of These|
|152||Which Pakistan Minister wrote the book named ‘Neither a Hawk nor a Dove’? The book is based upon the relations between India and Pakistan.|
|A) Fauzia Kasuri|
|B) Ahmad Raza Khan Kasuri|
|C) Ahmed Rashid|
|D) Khurshid M Kasuri|
|141||Nilesh Shah resigned as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (MD and CEO) of ______________ in Jan 2015.|
|A) ICICI Prudential Asset Management|
|B) Axis Capital Limited|
|C) SBI Mutual Fund|
|D) Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund|
|142||Former Minister of State for Public Works Department (PWD) Ram Prasad Kamal passed away in Jan 2015 after a brief illness in Allahabad. He belonged to which political party?|
|A) Shiv Sena|
|D) CPI (M)|
1. PDP (People’s Democratic Party) party leader Mufti Mohammed Sayeed was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir on 1st March. He is leading a historic alliance with the BJP, which has become part of a government in the state for the first time.
2. Jagmohan Dalmiya has been elected as the new President of the Board of Control for Cricket in India. He was elected unopposed at the board’s 85th annual General Meeting held in Mumbai today. He will head the board for next three years.
At the same time, Anurag Thakur was elected as Secretary, Amitabh Choudhary was elected as Joint Secretary and Anirudh Chaudhry was elected as Treasurer of the richest cricket board in the world. The Vice-Presidents elected were ML Nehru (representing north zone), G Ganga Raju (south), Gautam Roy (east), TC Mathew (west) and CK Khanna (central).
3. Central Government has appointed Arun Singh, currently its Ambassador to France, as its next ambassador to the US. Arun Singh, a 1979-batch IFS officer, will succeed S Jaishankar, who was appointed as Foreign Secretary on January this year. Earlier, he had served as ambassador to Israel (2005-2008) and served as deputy chief of mission in Washington (2008-2013).
4. FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry) has appointed famous economist Arvind Virmani as the new Economic mentor for Ficci’s public policy and economic work. Earlier he served as the country’s Chief Economic Advisor and Principal Advisor in the Planning Commission.
5. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has given Executive Director of Bank of Baroda Ranjan Dhawan additional charge of the Managing Director & CEO of Bank of Baroda for a period of three months. Gauri Shankar, Executive Director, was given the additional charge of Managing Director & CEO of Punjab National Bank for a period for three months last month.
Previous MD of Bank of Baroda SS Mundra became the Reserve Bank of India Governor on July 31, 2014 and former MD of Punjab National Bank KR Kamath demitted the office with effect from October 28, 2014 on completion of his tenure of five years.
6. Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) limit in the insurance sector has been increased to 49% from existing limit of 26%, as per the Commerce and Industry Ministry. This follows the approval given by the Union Cabinet for the promulgation of an ordinance hiking the FDI limit in the insurance sector to 49% in December last year after it failed to get approval in the Parliament.
7. India’s core sector growth, consisting of eight core sectors, coal, crude oil, natural gas, refinery products, fertiliser, steel, cement and electricity, grew by 1.8% in January due to negative growth in Crude Oil and natural gas sectors. This is the lowest core sector growth in at least 13 months. Core sector growth stood at 3.7% in January last year and 2.4% in previous month of December 2014.
During April-January period of current financial year, the eight sectors grew by 4.1% compared to 4% growth in the same period of the previous fiscal year.
8. India’s manufacturing activity grew at its slowest pace in five months in February due to slowdown in factory orders. The HSBC- Markit compiled Purchasing Managers’ Index for manufacturing sector fell for the second consecutive month to 51.2 in February compared to 52.9 in January. A reading above 50 indicates growth in the sector.
9. Online cab booking company Ola has acquired its competitor TaxiForSure for USD 200 million in a cash and equity deal. Post this deal, both the companies will continue to operate as separate companies. The founders of TaxiForSure, Aprameya Radhakrishna and Raghunandan G will contribute in an advisory role for a certain period.
TaxiForSure currently operates in 47 cities with over 15,000 vehicles registered on its platform. Ola which is already the market leader in the personal transportation space has over 1-lakh vehicles on its platform.
1. Microsoft Founder Bill Gates has been ranked as the richest man in the world for the second consecutive year by business magazine Forbes in its annual ranking of global billionaires. Bill Gates (worth of USD 79.2 billion) secured No1 rank followed by Carlos Slim (worth of USD 77 billion), Warren Buffett (worth of USD 72.7 billion).
As per Forbes, there are a record 1,826 billionaires in the world which is an increase of 181 in the past 12 months. Bill Gates has now been ranked at No 1 position 16 times in last 21 years.
2. Indian-origin lawyer Kannan Ramesh has been appointed as Judicial Commissioner to Singapore’s Supreme Court bench for 2 years. With this appointment, he will quit from other positions including being a member of Singapore Academy of Law’s Law Reform Committee and a local telecommunications company M1 Board.
3. Global tech company Hewlett-Packard has announced to acquire wi-fi network systems maker Aruba for USD 3 billion. This acquisition will help HP to compete in the university and office campus networking market.
4. English football club Chelsea defeated Tottenham Hotspurs by 2-0 in the final match to win the English League Cup trophy. With this win, Chelsea won English League Cups five times, matching Aston Villa for second-most behind Liverpool’s eight.
5. Former New Zealand cricket captain Martin David Crowe was inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame. With this, he became the third New Zealand cricketer after Sir Richard Hadlee and Debbie Hockley to be included in the Hall of Fame. Also, he has become the 79th cricketer to be inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame.
Daily Practice Quiz – 2 March 2015
|8761||Which place in Bihar is related to birth of Shershah Suri ?|
|D) None of These|
|8762||Fort of Allahabad was built by ________?|
|B) Shershah Suri|
|D) None of These|