GK, Banking, Computer and Descriptive questions asked in SBI Associate PO Exam – 23rd November Afternoon shift
1. Allowable amount of money to bring with us while travelling to foreign except Nepal and Bangladesh?
2. Anytime anywhere bill payment system?
3. DSA full form?
4. Full form of HTML? Ans) Hypertext Markup Language
5. Full form of MTSS? Ans) Money Transfer Service Scheme
6. Headquarters of Allahabad bank? Ans) Kolkata.
7. Minimum paid up capital for small banks? Ans) 100 crore.
8. Minister for Tribal Affairs? Ans) Jual Oram
9. Network speed is measured in? Ans) bits per second
10. One question from RTGS
GK, Banking, Computer and Descriptive questions asked in SBI Associate PO Exam – 23rd November Morning shift
1. “A” in NPA stands for? Ans) Assets
2. ASCII Full Form? Ans) American Standard Codes for Information Interchange
3. Author of the Book ‘road to the deep north’ that won Men’s Booker award is? Ans) Richard Flanagan
4. BIOS Full Form? Ans) Basic Input Output System
5. Ctrl+s used for? Ans) To save the document
6. Current Cheif Minister of Haryana? Ans) Monohar Lal Khattar
7. Current chief economic officer? Ans) Arvind Subramanian
8. Current Secretary-General of the UN? Ans) Ban Ki-moon
9. Current Vice president of the USA? Ans) Joe Biden
10. First page of website is known as? Ans) Home Page
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached Nepal today to attend SAARC meet where he is expected to meet Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif as well. Today he and Nepal PM Sushil Koirala have jointly flagged off Nepal-India friendship passenger bus service which will run on daily basis between Kathmandu and New Delhi. The Prime Minister also presented a Dhruv helicopter to Nepal at Kathmandu.
2. The government has launched the “Swachh Bharat Kosh” today with the aim to achieve cleanliness across the country. The fund will be utilized to build toilets in schools of rural and urban areas.
The fund will be set up by the Ministry of Finance and will be managed by a Governing Council headed by Expenditure Secretary, as per Government guidelines. Its functioning will be monitored on quarterly basis by the Finance Minister and the Prime Minister from time-to-time. The Prime Minister himself will acknowledge contributions of over Rs 1 crore made by individuals and of over Rs 20 crore by corporates.
3. Former Supreme Court judge CK Prasad is all set to be appointed as the next Chairperson of the Press Council of India. He was selected by a committee headed by Vice-President Hamid Ansari, as per the information received from the Information and Broadcasting Ministry. He will succeed Justice Markenday Katju as the Chairman of the PCI.
4. Om Pizza & Eats Pvt Ltd, the Indian franchisee of Papa John’s International, acquired local rival pizza chain Pizza Corner for an undisclosed sum. Pizza Corner has 70 outlets in Southern India while Papa John’s has 15 restaurants across India. Post this deal, Pizza Corner brand will be removed from all of its stores and all of them will be re-branded as Papa John’s.
5. Famous Kathak danseuse Sitara Devi passed away today morning at Jaslok Hospital in Mumbai. She was 94. She was admitted to the Hospital few days back and was put on ventilator after her health deteriorated yesterday morning.
She was honored with prestigious awards like Sangeet Natak Akademi Award, Padma Shri and Kalidas Samman. She had also impressed Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore with a three-hour solo recital after her family moved to Mumbai.
1. The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) said in its report that the global economy will gradually improve over the next two years while Japanese economy will grow at a lower rate and Euro zone will struggle with stagnant growth and deflation. Deflation pose a significant risk for Euro zone economy.
As per OECD report, The United States and Britain will grow more strongly compared to the Euro Zone countries and Japan. Among emerging economies, India, Indonesia and South Africa are set to recover steadily while Russia’s economy will stagnant and Chinese economic growth will slow down. It has projected world economic growth rate at 3.3% in 2014, 3.7% in 2015 and 3.9% in 2016.
2. International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is observed today (25th November) across the world to raise awareness about violence against women and discuss solutions for betterment of women community. The campaign called Orange Your Neighbourhood to raise awareness against Gender-Based Violence will be held from 25th November to 10th December 2014. The campaign is part of UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon’s campaign UNiTE to End violence against Women.
3. Lahore-based author Bilal Tanweer was awarded with the 2014 Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize for his novel “The Scatter Here Is Too Great” (Random House India). His book depicts the crucial importance of literature in our larger cultural landscape. The award comprised of the price money of 2 lakhs rupees and a trophy.
Earlier, he was selected as a Granta New Voice in 2011 and was also one of the eleven recipients of the 2010 PEN Translation Fund Grant.
4. Australia Test batsman Phil Hughes has been rushed to St Vincent’s Hospital in critical condition after being stuck by a bouncer Sean Abbott during a Sheffield Shield match between South Australia and NSW at the SCG. He is in a state of induced coma and is currently undergoing surgery.
Earlier he suffered injury while attempting to hook a rising fast delivery from Sean Abbott but was hit on the side of his head instead. Post that, he collapsed on the ground and rushed to hospital.
Daily Practice Quiz – 25 November 2014
|8311||Agricultural Market Information System (AMIS), a collaborative food information initiative has been launched by ___?|
|A) World Food Programme|
|B) Food and Agriculture Organization|
|C) G – 20|
|D) World Bank|
|8312||The only planet that shows phases is _________?|
IBPS Clerk 2014 exam Call letter is now available for download and the exams are scheduled to be held in December 2014. These below materials will help you to prepare for the exams.
All the BEST!!!
Use the below link to access all the General Awareness, Banking Awareness and Computer questions asked in IBPS PO 2014 Exams all session!!!
Use the below link to access all the GA and Banking awareness questions asked in IBPS RRB 2014 exams all sessions!!!
1. Deepak Gupta has been appointed as chairman of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) by the President Pranab Mukherjee in accordance with the Article 316 (1) of the Constitution. He is also the first non-UPSC member to be appointed as UPSC chairman. Till now the UPSC chief is appointed from among the members of the Commission
Gupta, a retired IAS officer of Jharkhand cadre, replaced Rajni Razdan, who completed her term on 22 November 2014.
2. Senior Congress leader and former Union Minister Murli Deora passed away today morning in Mumbai after prolonged illness.He was 77.
He held several important portfolios during his decades-long career including portfolio of Petroleum and Natural Gas during the UPA-1 regime. He had also served as the Mumbai Congress President for 22 years.
3. Two Kerala-born Indian Catholics Father Kuriakose Elias Chavara and Sister Euphrasia were canonized by Pope Francis at St Peter’s Square in Vatican yesterday. Special prayers and meetings were held in all places linked to the life and death of Chavara and Euphrasia in Kerala.
4. India’s Ms Deborah has created history in National Level by winning four Gold Medals in the Track Asia Cup Cycling Championship 2014 held at Indira Gandhi Stadium, New Delhi. Deborah won both the two gold medals in the women’s elite keirin and sprint finals on the concluding day of the championship for an overall individual tally of four gold.
5. Indian Women Boxers Sarjubala Devi and Saweety won Silver medals in the World Women’s Boxing Championships in Korea today. Sarjubala lost to Nazym Kyzaibay of Kazakhstan in the final match in 48-kg category to win the silver medal. Saweety lost to China’s Xiaoli Yang in the final match of 81-kg category.
1. Norwegian Magnus Carlsen retained World Champion title yesterday after defeating Viswanathan Anand in the 11th game held in Sochi. With this win, he also secured 6.5-4.5 lead to retain the world championship.
2. Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton won the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix held yesterday to clinch the 2014 Formula One championship after defeating his teammate Nico Rosberg. Felipe Massa stood second while Valtteri Bottas secured 3rd place in the same race.
It is Hamilton’s eleventh win of the season and he defeats Nico Rosberg by 67 points. This is also his second 2014 Formula One championship title.
3. Roger Federer won the Davis Cup for Switzerland, first ever Davis cup tennis title for Switzerland. With this he has finally won all there is to win in tennis including all four Grand Slam titles, ATP titles, Masters Series, Olympic Gold and now the Davis Cup for Switzerland. His Olympic title was in the doubles with Stan Wawrinka in Beijing in 2008.
Daily Practice Quiz – 24 November 2014
|8306||Which Industry flourishes in Coimbatore-Tiruppur belt in Tamil Nadu?|
|A) Stone Carvings|
|8307||Which among the following is also known as London Club?|
|B) Nuclear Suppliers Group|
|C) Australia Group|
Daily Practice Quiz – 23 November 2014
|8301||Marginal Cost is dependent upon ___|
|A) Only fixed cost|
|B) Only variable cost|
|C) Both fixed cost and variable cost|
|D) Neither fixed cost nor variable cost|
|8302||Which among the following is considered to be a part of Shadow Banking in India?|
|A) Business Correspondents|
|B) Bancassurance Providers|
|C) Non-Banking Financial Companies|
|D) Private Banks|