1. India is celebrating National Mathematics Day today (22nd December) across the country to honour the birth anniversary of the greatest Indian Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan. Former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh declared to observe his birth anniversary as ‘National Mathematics Day’ across the country on 26th February 2012 at Madras University on the occasion of 125th birth anniversary of Ramanujan.
2. Chairperson of Bharat Hotels Ltd, Jyotsna Suri took over as the president of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) this weekend. She succeeded Sidharth Birla.
At the same time, deputy managing director of DCM Shriram Industries Ltd, Alok B Shriram took over as the president of PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
3. As per RBI notification, the deadline to exchange the pre-2005 notes ends on 1st January 2015. Everyone has to exchange all the currency notes of various denominations before this deadline which were printed before 2015 and lacks the necessary security features. The Reserve Bank has so far shredded over 144 crore such notes valued at 52,855 crore rupees since the launch of the initiative to take out the pre-2005 notes from the circulation.
4. Indian batting legend Sachin Tendulkar has been named as the brand ambassador for ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 to be held in Australia and New Zealand, as per announcement made by the ICC in Dubai today. In his new role, he will promote and support different ICC initiatives to enhance the profile of the world cup tournament.
He was also the ICC Ambassador for the ICC Cricket world cup co-hosted by Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka in 2011. ICC Chief Executive David Richardson said, Tendulkar is an inspiration for sportspeople for his endurance, perseverance, talent, personality and commitment to the game.
5. Indian men and women teams win the Kabaddi World Cup 2014 titles in the respective categories this weekend after winning the final matches held at Guru Gobind Singh Multipurpose Stadium in Jalandhar, Punjab. This was the fifth edition of Kabaddi World Cup.
In Men’s category India defeated Pakistan team while in Women’s category Indian defeated New Zealand team to win the title for the fourth consecutive time.
6. India’s Arjun Atwal won the first edition of Dubai Open Golf Championship title held at Dubai Sports City yesterday.Korea’s Wang Jeung-hun came second in the same tournament. Among other Indian golfers, Shiv Kapur secured a joint 11th place with Gaganjeet Bhullar while Jeev Milkha Singh, was placed at 31st place.
Daily Practice Quiz – 22 December 2014
|8436||The word “M” in MRF tires corresponds to which of the following?|
|8437||Which of the following decides the Minimum Support Prices on behalf of the Government of India?|
|A) Ministry of Agriculture|
|B) Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs|
|C) Agriculture Cost and Price Commission|
|D) None of Them|
General, Banking and Computer awareness questions asked in IBPS Clerk 2014 Online Exam – 21st November Evening Exam
1. Capital of Afghanistan? Ans) Kabul
2. Currency of Bhutan? Ans) Ngultrum
3. EVM full form? Ans) Electronic Voting Machine.
4. FEMA full form? Ans) Foreign Exchange Management Act
5. Full form of EMV? Ans) EuroPay, MasterCard, Visa
6. In FEMA, M means? Ans) Management
7. In MICR middle 3 digits represent are for? Ans) Bank
8. Indian Supper League is related to? Ans) Football
9. ISDN full form? Ans) Integrated Services Digital Network
10. Jitu Rai related with? Ans) Shooting
General, Banking and Computer awareness questions asked in IBPS Clerk 2014 Online Exam – 21st November Morning Exam
1. “The election that changed India” is written by?
2. AQB Full form? Ans) Average Quaterly Balance
3. Author of the novel ‘Lowland’? Ans) Jhumpa Lahiri.
4. BCCI life time achievement award 2014 was presented to? Ans) Dilip Vengasarkar.
5. Capital of Australia? Ans) Canberra
6. CBS full form? Ans) Core Banking Solution
7. Currency of Argentina? Ans) Argentine peso.
8. Economics Nobel Prize is conferred on? Ans) Jean Tirole
9. Headquarter of WHO? Ans) Geneva
10. How many digits in IFSC code? Ans) 11
General, Banking and Computer awareness questions asked in IBPS Clerk 2014 Online Exam – 20th November Evening Exam
1. C in MICR stands for? Ans) Character
2. Capital of Iraq? Ans) Baghdad
3. Commercial paper is issued by? Ans) Corporates, primary dealers (PDs) and the All-India Financial Institutions (FIs)
4. Currency of Saudi Arabia? Ans) Saudi riyal
5. Dronacharya award is related to? Ans) Coaches in Sports area
6. Euro cup in 2016 to be held in? Ans) France
7. First 3 digit in MICR represents? Ans) city
8. Full form of GST? Ans) Goods and service Tax
9. Full form of IFSC? Ans) Indian Financial System code
10. GST full form? Ans) Goods and service Tax
General, Banking and Computer awareness questions asked in IBPS Clerk 2014 Online Exam – 20th November Morning Exam
1. Biggest nuclear plant in the world? Ans) Kashiwazaki-Kariwa Nuclear Power Plant
2. Census 2011 rural sex ratio?
3. Demat account mandatory document? Ans) PAN
4. Dongfeng missile is developed by which country? – China
5. Headquarter of IRDA? Ans) Hyderabad
6. In PMJDY, Insurance cover given by? Ans) LIC
7. In which field May Britt Moser and Edward Moser won the Nobel Prize 2014? Ans) Medicine
8. International court of justice head quarter? Ans) Hague
9. International Nonviolence day observed on? Ans) 2nd October
10. Largest oil mining company?
Daily Practice Quiz – 21 December 2014
|8431||Which among the following is NOT a pillar of Basel II?|
|A) Minimum Capital Requirement|
|B) Supervisory Review of Capital Adequacy|
|C) Risk Management|
|D) Market Discipline|
|8432||Dalai lamas are considered reincarnations of which of the following?|
1. The Central government has named Rajinder Khanna, a 1978 batch RAS officer, as the new chief of Research & Analysis Wing (RAW). He will succeed incumbent Alok Joshi, who will retire at the end of this month.
Central Government has also appointed Prakash Mishra, a 1978 IPS officer of Odisha cadre, as the chief of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) yesterday.
2. Richard Rahul Verma has been sworn in as the US Ambassador to New Delhi this week by Secretary of State John Kerry. With this, he has also become the first ever Indian-American to hold the post. His appointment was also confirmed by the Senate by a voice vote last week.
Earlier he had played an important role in the Congressional passage of civil nuclear deal with India, and advocated for strong Indo-US ties. He succeeds Nancy Powell, who resigned earlier this year after a damaging row over the treatment of diplomat Devyani Khobragade over visa fraud charges.
3. The mid-year economic review published by the Finance Ministry has projected India’s growth rate at 5.5% for the current financial year 2014-15. The economic review document was tabled by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in Parliament on Friday.
4. India’s largest e-commerce marketplace, Flipkart has raised another USD 700 million from new investors for its expansion from investors Baillie Gifford, Greenoaks Capital, Steadview Capital, T. Rowe Price Associates and Qatar Investment Authority. DST Global, GIC, ICONIQ Capital and Tiger Global also participated in this latest round of financing, as per Flipkart.
As the number of shareholders in the company exceeded 50, Flipkart has also filed an application with Singapore ACRA to convert it into a public company. As Flipkart was incorporated in Singapore, this filling was done as a part of its mandatory procedure.
5. India’s foreign exchange (forex) reserves jumped by USD 2.172 billion to USD 316.833 billion in the week ended 12th December, as per weekly report published by the RBI. The jump was mainly due to jump in foreign currency assets which was increased by USD 2.405 billion to USD 292.360 billion in the same week.
Special Drawing Rights was increased by USD 21.6 million while India’s reserve position in the International Monetary Fund (IMF) dropped by USD 253.5 million in the same week. Gold Reserves remained unchanged at USD 18.985 billion in the same week.
6. Kolkata’s Atletico de Kolkata won the first edition of Indian Super League after defeating Kerala Blasters by 1-0 in the final match held at the DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai yesterday. With this win, Atletico de Kolkata becomes the first champion of ISL.
Mohammad Rafique scored the most-important goal in the dying minutes to help Atletico de Kolkata win the title.
Daily Practice Quiz – 20 December 2014
|8426||Which among the following emperors introduced the two laws of Vyavahar Samta and Danda Samata?|
|A) Chandragupta Maurya|
|C) Chandragupta Vikramaditya|
|8427||The Rate at which the Reserve Bank of India discounts the Bills of Exchange of the commercial Banks is known as the following?|
|A) Base Rate|
|B) Repo Rate|
|C) Reverse Repo Rate|
|D) Bank Rate|
1. The Finance Ministry has approved 8.75% interest rate on Provident Fund, PF deposits for the financial year 2014-15. Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation, EPFO’s Central Board of Trustees had decided to retain the interest rate on PF deposits at 8.75% for the current financial year at its meeting held on the 26th of August. As per the practice, this decision on interest rate is implemented after the agreement of the Finance Ministry.
2. TVS chairman Venu Srinivasan was made Honorary Citizen of Busan, Korea in order to recognize his efforts to enhance friendship and cooperation between India and Republic of Korea. He was conferred with the title by Mayor of Busan Metropolitan City, Suh Byung-soo during the honorary citizenship ceremony held at Busan.
3. Famous Gandhian and freedom fighter Chunibhai Vaidya passed away at his Ahmedabad residence today morning. He was 97. A true Gandhian and a Sarvoday veteran Chunibhai Vaidya began his life in activism with freedom struggle. He also actively participated in Vinoba Bhave’s Bhoodan Movement.
4. Atletico De Kolkata and Kerala F.C. will play in the final match of ISL tomorrow for the first ISL title. Atletico De Kolkata defeated Goa F.C. in the penalty shoot outs in one semifinal match while Kerala F.C. defeated Chennaiyan F.C. by 4-3 in the other semifinal match.