1. India has been ranked at 77th position as per World Risk Report 2016, published by the UNU Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) and Bundnis Entwicklung Hilft. The list of topped by Island state of Vanuatu.
2. The Nagaland State Assembly has passed the Goods and Service Tax (GST) Constitution Amendment Bill, 8th State to ratify the tax reform.
3. The Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has set up a committee, headed by former Finance Secretary Ratan P Watal, to consider incentives such as cash back schemes and tax rebates for promoting card and digital payments in a step towards discouraging cash transactions.
4. G. Satheesh Reddy, Scientific Adviser to the Defence Minister and DRDO’s DG (Missiles & Strategic Systems), was conferred the first IEI-IEEE Award for engineering excellence 2015.
5. Olympic gold-medallist Abhinav Bindra was appointed as Chairman of a 5 member review committee to probe the shooters’ Rio Games debacle. The committee is also mandated to recommend concrete steps that NRAI must immediately undertake to ensure that this is not repeated in future Olympics.
6. Five Indian companies have been ranked among world’s 100 most innovative companies list – Forbes’s list of ‘The World’s Most Innovative Companies’ which are Asian Paints, Hindustan Unilever, Tata Consultancy Services, Sun Pharma and Larsen and Toubro. The list is topped by Tesla Motors for the second consecutive year.
7. RBI has asked banks to provide loans to women self-help groups in rural areas at 7% per annum, as per the government’s revised guidelines for the current financial year.
8. Bollywood stars Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar have been ranked among the world’s highest paid actors of 2016 as per a Forbes list. The list is topped by wrestler-turned-actor Dwayne Johnson. Shah Rukh Khan and Akshay Kumar have been ranked at 8th and 10th rank respectively. Salman Khan has been ranked at 14th followed by Amitabh Bachchan at 18th position.
9. India’s Saina Nehwal has been dropped 4 points to be 9th, while Rio Olympic Silver Medalist PV Sindhu remained in the 10th spot in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings. Men’s singles shuttler Kidambi Srikanth, who reached the Olympics quarter-finals, jumped a place to be at 10th position while Ajay Jayaram improved his rank to 21st rank.
1. The US has nominated Jim Yong Kim to be the World Bank President for a second term, saying he has “ably led” the global development lender’s response to major crises and helped it focus on innovative ways to challenge issues like poverty and climate change. The US is the World Bank’s largest shareholder.
2. Portugal superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has named as the UEFA Best Player in Europe award for the second time. He won the prize after defeating his club team-mate Gareth Bale and Atletico Madrid star Antoine Griezmann.
3. Sri Lanka’s Tillakaratne Dilshan has announced his retirement from international cricket after the ongoing limited overs series against Australia. He made his one day debut against Zimbabwe in 1999 and has, so far, played 329 ODIs. He has scored 10,248 runs that include 22 hundreds.
United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) was established in?
United Nations Environment Programme was established in?
UNESCO has included India’s which place in the list of its world heritage sites in June 2012?
A) Nilgiri Area
B) Eastern Ghats
C) Western Ghats
Union Minister of Communications & IT, Kapil Sibal has inaugurated the First All Women Employees Post Office of India in which city in March 2013?
C) New Delhi
UNCAC stands for
A) United Nations Conference against Corruption
B) United Nations Committee against Corruption
C) United Nations committee against Corruption
D) United Nations Convention against Corruption
UNCHR deals with?
A) Child labor
B) Women’s rights
C) Human rights
D) None of These
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has crossed Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan to become the most followed Indian on social media site Twitter. He has over 22.1 million followers on the social networking platform, compared to Amitabh’s 22 million followers.
2. Madhya Pradesh and Delhi Assembly has ratified the Goods and Service Tax Constitution Amendment Bill.
3. National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has announced that customers of 21 banks will shortly be able to use Unified Payments Interface (UPI) for sending and collecting money via a smartphone using a Virtual Payment Address (VPA). UPI will also provide an option for scheduling push and pull transactions for various purposes like sharing bills among peers.
4. Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone has been ranked in the list of top 10 highest paid actress as per Forbes latest list published today. Hollywood actress Jennifer Lawrence has topped the list for the second time in a row.
5. A R Kidwai, former Governor of Bihar, West Bengal and Haryana, passed away on 24th August 2016 in New Delhi. He was 96.
To get the Credit History of a company, which entity should be approached?
To which of the following Bills the President must accord his sanction without sending it back for fresh consideration ?
A) Finance Bills
B) Bill seeking Amendment to the Constitution
C) Ordinary Bills
D) Bills passed by both the Houses of the Parliament
|1||Ms. Satti Geetha||Athletics|
|2||Shri Sylvanus Dung||Hockey|
|3||Shri Rajendra Pralhad Shelke||Rowing|
|1||Shri Rajat Chauhan||Archery|
|2||Ms. Lalita Babar||Athletics|
|3||Shri Sourav Kothari||Billiards & Snooker|
|4||Shri Shiva Thapa||Boxing|
|5||Shri Ajinkya Rahane||Cricket|
|1||Shri Nagapuri Ramesh||Athletics|
|2||Shri Sagar Mal Dhayal||Boxing|
|3||Shri Raj Kumar Sharma||Cricket|
|4||Shri Bishweshwar Nandi||Gymnastics|
|5||Shri S. Pradeep Kumar||Swimming (Lifetime)|
|6||Shri Mahabir Singh||Wrestling (Lifetime)|